Naturally lightweight and soft.
WHAT IS ORGANIC COTTON?
Organic Cotton is a fiber with a remarkable quality that grows through sustainable processes. This Cotton thrives in highly fertile fields without using toxic pesticides. Unlike Regular Cotton, the seeds of Organic are not genetically modified, providing you with a genuinely luxurious touch. This can be proven with our GOTS - Global Organic Textile Standard - certification, a worldwide recognized and very important certification when it comes to making 100% organic home textiles.
Based on strict environmental criteria, this certification subjects your bedding to various tests against genetically modified organisms (GMO). This inspection is carried out in loco and by independent and accredited entities, ensuring GOTS certification transparency. As with Egyptian Cotton™, this certification is traceable, making sure your product has been tested and audited throughout all processes: growing, harvesting, dyeing, and manufacturing.
At THON, all GOTS-certified products are also certified by OEKO-TEX®, guaranteeing that all final product components are free from toxic substances that are harmful to you and the environment. In this way, we protect you, our artisans, and the planet, providing transparency and safety in our production process.
How do we achieve your Organic Cotton Percale?
(1) the cotton flower is harvested, which is
(2) cleaned, a process also known as “ginning”, and then we go on to
(3) spinning the cotton fibers to create yarn, which finally goes through the
(4) weaving, cutting, and sewing the bedding and, finally, the fabric is
(5) dyed according to GOTS certification standards.
ORGANIC COTTON GOTS-CERTIFIED
- Workers' rights are protected.
- No toxic pesticides are used.
- Only low-impact dyes are used.
- Energy and water use is monitored and reused, replacing only the naturally lost water during the process.
- Products are traced throughout the production chain.
- Seeds are not genetically modified or chemically treated.
- Hypoallergenic fiber. Perfect for sensitive skin.
- Use of toxic pesticides and chemical fertilizers.
- It is not possible to trace the production process of the product.
- Energy and natural resources are not optimized.
- Fibers not recommended for those with sensitive skin.
This collection excels in the artisan's wisdom put into each garment. This organic and sustainable bedding embodies the Portuguese heritage of textile quality and authenticity. All products in this collection are 100% organic and pesticide-free, which respects your skin, the environment and protects biodiversity.
Our commitment to sustainability has also been elevated by being the first collection with 0 stock, woven through an On-Demand system. Thus we produce only the quantities ordered, moving towards a greener production process.